Steel structures is a very important subject for undergraduate civil engineers. Steel is an alloy of carbon and iron. It used in construction and other applications because of its Hardness and tensile strength. Due to the tensile strength of steel, it is added in concrete otherwise concrete is very much powerful in compression. Many of the structures in the whole world are made of steel. Stel has many advantages and disadvantages depending upon them one can adopt the choice of steel structures. There are many shapes available in steel structures like angle iron, channels, W sections, I sections, Z sections, circular, hollow and many others. In order to understand Steel structures basics and many other topics following files have been added here for the students to enhance their knowledge.
- 1) Introduction
- 2) What is design of Structures ?
- 3) Objectives of Structural Engineer
4) Design of Tension Members
- 5) Example Shear Rupture failure mode
- 6) Compression Members
7) Correction for Single angles for planar trusses
- 8) Design Flow chart for built up members
9) Analysis and Design of Beams
- 10) Flow chart for design of beams
- 11) Plate Girder
- 13) Notes for Design of stiffeners
- 14) Design of Bearing stiffener
15) Properties of Trusses
- 16) Properties of Trusses (continued)
- 17) Connections
18) Riveted & Bolted truss connections
- 19) Beam Columns
- 20) Connections
- 21) Moment Connections
- Beams ( Types, Behavior etc )
- Beam Problems
- Composite Beams
- Plate Girder
also upload the solution of end problems of steel structures plzzzzzz
do you PGsuper software and its tiutorial classes???
And also can you uploaD SOME PROJECT REPORTS ON THE DESIGN OF PRESTRESSED CONDRETE BRIDGE WITH I BEAMS?? R RELATED PROJECT REPORTS??
with the passage of time ull find everything here
please send me designing of steel Structure thank you
I search the meaning of PK . If anybody knows about this please kindly let me know. Thanks !
pk is short for Pakistan
excellent source especially for student .
pls allow acces for
Beams ( Types, Behavior etc )
and chapter 2
and thanks for this great work
For Members only
please send your number to make payment through easy piasa